Making the decision to put your oral health first is monumental, especially if you’ve been on the fence and weighing your options for some time. If this is the case, then you’ve likely researched area professionals as well as treatment methods like revolutionary Invisalign. This discreet treatment option has loads to offer, including a beautiful smile in less time. Before taking the new-smile plunge, there are several things our Charlotte, NC, orthodontists want you to consider, however.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
When it comes to matters of your teeth, it’s important to arm yourself with as much information as you can prior to choosing a treatment method. With a variety of available options, our orthodontists say each one has unique benefits and is ideal for a specific patient type. Invisalign, for example, is groundbreaking and offers benefits that appeal to many, but it’s not for everyone. There are certain pros and cons to keep in mind:
- Virtually invisible – Discreet treatment option uses clear aligners
- Removable – Aligners are easy to clean, no change in diet necessary
- Comfortable fit – No poking wires or brackets
- Safe to Use – BPA-free plastic
- Typically less treatment time and fewer visits – Results in 12-18 months
- Requires self-discipline – Aligners must be worn 22 hours a day to achieve desired results
- Aligners must be removed prior to eating and brushing after every meal is required to avoid staining
- Not ideal for patients with bridgework or those who require vertical tooth movement
See Our Charlotte, NC, Orthodontists for More Information About Invisalign
There’s plenty more to learn about Invisalign and our board-certified orthodontists are always ready to help you assess your treatment options, plus provide you with everything you need to know to make an informed decision. If you’re in need of orthodontic treatment, then contact our office today! We take a consultative approach to treatment, which means you’ll be involved in the decision-making process from the start. Our top priority is to ensure you’re comfortable with every aspect of treatment before beginning.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other topics related to orthodontics, feel free to contact Burrow Welchel & Culp Orthodontics by calling (704) 334-7202 to reach our offices. You may also click here to use our convenient online form.